Thursday, February 19, 2009

Redefining the Narrative

From corporate to academic worship and back again.
Circumstances that Steal our Joy
While expecting circumstances to fulfill I begin to doubt and lose track of reality which sets off a protectiveist response inside myself which demands I resolve the situation immediately and certainly without help because I know I'm better than that. What leads me to be unwilling to let go is worry for who perpetuates the circumstance.

After that I'll usually short circuit because I'm naive and try to see only through the eyes of God and I can't make sense of the world then fall back to my default stance on just about anything “the one who humbles himself will be exalted.” Problem is, that only works for the submission to His Will and does little to quell any anxiety that eventually overtakes me because I want to get things done without anyone's help because I damn well should be able to on my own. Then eventually I'm surrounded and torn down because I am alone. Thankfully I'm only allowed to stumble and not fall through His grace alone (Psalm 23-24).

The remedy I've stumbled upon myself to oppose worry and impatience is very similar to “We are not fleshly, but are powerful through God for the demolition of strongholds. We demolish arguments and every high-minded thing that is raised up against the knowledge of God

This is still the United States of America and of the Republic for Which it Stands, One Nation Under God Indivisible, and the poor bastard marxists haven't taken everything from us yet.

Now the only question remains where would I be if I knew they were holding me back and how quickly can I get there?

No comments: