Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Condemnation

Fr. Scheier recalls that he indeed deserved to go to Hell, for he had not fulfilled his duty as a priest: “I could not stand peer pressure. In other words, I wanted to be one of the guys. Now the priests at this time seemed to find a need to be just one of the guys, too, a lay person. So to keep the money coming in you had to tell the people what they wanted to hear.”

Psalm 73 God's Ways Vindicated

13 Did I purify my heart and wash my hands in innocence for nothing?
14 For I am afflicted all day long, and punished every morning.
15 If I had decided to say these things [aloud], I would have betrayed Your people.
16 When I tried to understand all this, it seemed hopeless
17 until I entered God's sanctuary. Then I understood their destiny.

No comments: